Monday, December 03, 2012

Secret Santa

**I've entered my Christmas meme nail art in Week 2 of Nail Polish Canada's Holiday Nail Art Challenge.  Don't forget to vote here! Voting ends Wednesday, December 5th.**

Time for another Castle Mani Monday!  This week's episode is called "Secret Santa" and is the first Castle Christmas episode ever, so needless to say I'm super excited!  :)


I got the idea for this mani from one of the episode stills that was released; see Castle's shirt?  


I used my first DS OPI polish for the first time, DS Mystery.  It's a stunning deep brown-ish purple with gold micro-flakies, and an amazing almost-one-coat formula.  LOVE!  Artsy sideways photo, anyone? 


I stamped an image from BM-321 with Essie Good As Gold (probably my favourite stamping polish) and topped with one coat of Seche Vite.  The stamp doesn't really match his shirt as well as the paisley BM pattern would have, but I wanted to try an image that I hadn't used yet and I really liked this one.  


Yesterday I spent a good deal of time trying to figure out how to use Photoshop Elements to do my colour-correcting, and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.  Though I still need to find the exact skin tone that's as white as I am without making me look like a ghost! 

Unfortunately there's not going to be another Castle Mani Monday post for 5 weeks due to the show's winter hiatus, so look for a new one in January! What do you think of today's installment?  Will you be watching Castle and Beckett's first Christmas tonight too?  :)

9 comments:

  1. I hate winter hiatus. :( But I love this mani. I really need to get some more stamping things and practice. I feel like I could do so much more if I could just...stamp. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also, Nathan Fillion is looking so very attractive there.

      Delete
    2. Ruggedly handsome, as usual. Wanted to include the picture of Beckett smiling at his door too but since that one wasn't directly related to the nails... But she looks so HAPPY!! Too many OTP shipper feels... haha

      Delete
    3. I knowwwww. My feels are all over the place. I wore my 'not sorry for being a shipper' shirt to class today and my professor asked me what it meant. I tried to explain, but my feels got in the way. I just love them.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful mani! Your stamping is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I found your blog you have fantastically pretty nails

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Castle (and Nathan Fillion), too! I really enjoy seeing what you will choose to interpret each week. So sad we have to wait five more weeks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...