Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a fun New Year's Eve, I know I did!  I have a quick post right now with yesterday's mani,  but as of this afternoon, I'll be starting my full month of indie-only posts!  More on that at the end of this post.  


I spent most of yesterday watching movies with my friend so I didn't want to do anything too fancy that I wouldn't be able to appreciate while sitting in a dark room curled up in a blanket, but I still wanted something festive and glittery.  I saw my untried bottle of Zoya Electra sitting on my desk, and knew it would be perfect!


Because I wanted absolute full coverage, I layered three coats of Zoya Electra over two coats of China Glaze Silver Lining.  The super-fine silver glitter was a perfect base for the bar glitter, giving me full coverage without the appearance of layering.  I was extremely surprised by how easily Electra applied, fantastic!  Two coats of Seche Vite for a smooth finish. 


I enjoyed wearing Electra a lot more than I thought I would, all the holographic bar glitter is absolutely gorgeous when the light hits it!

Now as for my month of indie posts... I've got a ton of untried indie polishes, so each day I'll have a post featuring one new indie polish.  Posting every day will be a challenge for me (and require more planning than my usual  "I'll post when I have something new") but I'm really looking forward to it!  I hope you'll join me on my blog this month, though your wallets will probably hate me by the end of it!  :)

6 comments:

  1. That mani is so sparkly!! I love it! I haven't gotten Electra yet but I keep eyeing it. After this post I NEED it lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so pretty! I thought I could do without Electra, but your post makes me want it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!
    Happy New Year!! Here's to many more polishes and awesomeness in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing all your indies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year! I usually don't like bar glitter but Electra is fantastic. I like that you achieved a full-coverage look- so much better than sparse bar glitter! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...