And... I'm back!! I'm so excited to get back to nail art after all the swatching last month (though I still have a ton more to do...) I really missed doing my Castle Mani Monday posts during January, and I've got one today! (P.S. There's a tutorial at the end of the post!)
Tonight's episode is 5x13, Recoil, so I've done some dragon-inspired nail art. Those of you who regularly watch the show (or obsess over it, like myself) should understand the reference here. Just to clarify, I'll leave you with this still from the episode.
|Nathan Fillion, Penny Johnson Jerald, Stana Katic, Jack Coleman|
If you don't watch the show are just aren't up-to-date with it, I won't explain so as to keep this as spoiler-free as possible. Just enjoy the pretty nail art! ;)
I started with two coats of OPI Skyfall, and then sponged on the scales with Essie Good As Gold. Topped with one coat of Seche Vite. Tutorial time!!
1. Start with your base colour, and add a coat of fast-drying top coat to speed up the process.
2. Once the base is completely dry, take a piece of tulle and stretch is over your nail. I have a ton of this stuff lying around from making tutus, but you could get some small pieces of it in remnant bins at fabric stores for pretty cheap.
3. Paint a little bit of your second polish on a makeup sponge, and dab it on through the tulle. The key here is to be irregular, make sure you only have a little polish in random spots on the sponge and apply it lightly.
4. Carefully remove the tulle.
5. Repeat on the rest of your nails, and finish with a top coat!
This is a pretty darn cool look in my opinion, and super easy to do!! I think it would look great in a whole lot of colour combinations, I just might have to re-do this for when I go to see the second installment of The Hobbit! ;)
Anyways, tonight's episode promises to be an eventful and exciting one, I'm really looking forward to it! If you're a fellow Caskett shipper, are you excited for tonight? If not, did you at least enjoy the nail art? :)