Sunday, March 24, 2013

I'm back!

Well, I've actually been back since really late Wednesday night.  Or really early Thursday morning; take your pick.  The past couple days have been spent unpacking and catching up on a ton of swatching, but I've finally got a post ready!!


If you've been following along with the guest posts, you'll know that I went to Switzerland, France, and England for two weeks!  The trip was a ton of fun, and the audition went pretty well!  I didn't get in, but since they started with 150 girls and I made it through multiple stages of elimination down to the last 22 girls (out of whom they accepted 15), I'd say it went well!  


I'll be going to a post-graduate pre-professional dance program in Canada next year, and I'm still really happy with the result; it's a great school and I don't feel like I'm settling for it at all.  I'm really excited!  

Anywho, here's some photos of my travelling nails!  Left to right and top to bottom, these were taken in Lausanne, Geneva (Jet D'Eau), Zurich (Grossmünster and Fraumünster), Paris (Eiffel Tower), Paris (Sacre Coeur in Montmartre), and London (Big Ben/Parliament).  I'm wearing Essie Macks and OPI Stay The Night.  :)


As for the nail art, I chose to the flags of the three countries I visited.  Conveniently for me, they all have the same colour scheme!!  


I started with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls for all the nails.  I then taped off the different shapes and added red and/or blue, in LaCC 1945 and Essie Mesmerised.  I ended up badly freehanding the Union Jack in acrylic paint because the striping tape was too skinny; oh well.  My pinky and thumb nails are OPI MBSW with one coat of piCture pOlish Ruby Blou.  All nails are topped with two coats of Seche Vite, as always.


Although I did enjoy my break, I'm really looking forward to getting back to blogging and doing my nails frequently!  :D

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back, and you did great in my books! You were missed ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute manicure, it looks really neat and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really cute manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Emma! Sounds like you had a lovely trip. Your nails are beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time abroad and that it still went well for you! I love the cuteness of your mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you are back and that everything went well!!! The mani is great! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Emma! :) I love your travelling nail pictures, that's such a sweet idea. And thank you again for having me on your blog, it is an awesome feeling to be one of the bloggers you chose! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This nailart is so cute! Too bad you didn't get selected but it is still awesome how far you got!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...