Monday, August 12, 2013

Fandom Mash-up Skittles (on Alisha's nails!)

Happy Monday!  My summer intensive is almost over and I'll be home on Sunday, so things should start picking up around here again soon!  For this morning's post, I've got what is probably the most complicated and time-consuming freehand nail art that I've done to date!  

A few weeks ago, one of my (and my sister's) best friends came camping with us for the weekend.  She slept over the night before, and I had told her that I'd do her nails for her.  It started with the idea of just one or two of her favourite characters, but escalated rather quickly after that... Four hours later: 


Alisha had some amazingly large nail beds, which was perfect for this detailed nail art!  The base colour for all her nails is... you guessed it, OPI My Vampire Is Buff.  Most of the detailing was done with acrylic paint, and all nails are topped off with one coat of LaCC 2013 top coat followed by one coat of Seche Vite.  We started with the well-known Nyan Cat on one thumb...  


And on the remaining four fingers of that hand, I did (from index to pinky, L-R) Toad, Spongebob, Princess Peach, and a Despicable Me Minion!  The yellow base for the minion is Spa Ritual Enlightened Soul, and Peach's tiara is Essie Good As Gold


On the other thumb, we hose to do Bowser... this one took quite a while!! 


And finally, to finish it off, we did (pinky to index, L-R) Pikachu, Link (from Zelda), Pooh, and Yoshi!  

Here's what Alisha had to say about these... (she loves me a lot after doing this.) 
"I always love when Emma does my nails! Every time I get many compliments (unfortunately I have to tell them I didn't do it) but it's still cool :) These nails were the most amazing thing I think Emma has ever done! With only taking 4 hours of our lives away, it was amazing to watch the techniques of how to get that thin black outline, or where she was going to even start! Thanks Emma! :D "


I've got to say that I'm definitely proud of this nail art!!  Alisha wore them around for about two weeks, and was completely paranoid about chipping them, haha!  My favourite nails are coincidentally the ones I was most worried about attempting, as well as the ones I ended up doing best on (in my opinion!)  My favourites are Peach, Bowser, and Link, but the Nyan Cat is pretty darn awesome too!!  Which nails are your favourite?  :)

4 comments:

  1. oakley sunglasses,cheap oakley,cheap oakley sunglasses,oakley sunglasses cheap,oakley outlet,oakley sunglasses outlet,oakley vault,oakleys,oakley.com,sunglasses outlet,cheap sunglasses,oakley prescription glasses,fake oakleys,oakley glasses,oakley store,fake oakley,oakley sale,cheap oakleys,discount oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, Ray Ban Sunglasses,Ray Ban Outlet,Ray Ban Sale,Cheap Ray Bans,Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses,ray ban sunglasses outlet,ray ban,rayban,ray bans,ray-ban,raybans,ray ban wayfarer,ray-ban sunglasses,raybans.com,rayban sunglasses,cheap ray ban, burberry, burberry,burberry outlet,burberry outlet online,burberry factory outlet,burberry sale,burberry handbags, chanel bags, chanel bags,chanel handbags,chanel sunglasses,chanel outlet,chanel purses,chanel handbags official site, coach outlet store, coach outlet,coach outlet store,coach outlet store online,coach outlet stores,coach factory outlet,coach factory,coach factory online,coach factory outlet online,coach outlet online, chaussures louboutin, louboutin,louboutin pas cher,christian louboutin,louboutin chaussures,louboutin soldes,chaussure louboutin,chaussures louboutin,chaussure louboutin pas cher,louboutin france, sac michael kors, michael kors,sac michael kors,michael kors sac,michael kors pas cher,sac michael kors pas cher,michael kors france, north face outlet, north face outlet,the north face,north face,the north face outlet,north face jackets,north face jackets clearance,northface, yoga pants, yoga pants,lululemon,lululemon outlet,lululemon athletica,lululemon addict,lulu lemon,lulu.com,lululemon.com, beats by dre, beats by dre,beats headphones,beats audio,beats by dr dre,beats by dre headphones,dr dre,dre beats,beats by dr,dr dre beats,dre headphones,beats by dr. dre,cheap beats, ferragamo, ferragamo,salvatore ferragamo,ferragamo shoes,ferragamo outlet,salvatore ferragamo outlet,ferragamo belts,ferragamo belt,ferragamo outlet, nike blazer, nike blazer,blazer nike,nike blazer pas cher,Chaussures Nike Blazer,Nike Blazer Femme, nike air force, thomas sabo, swarovski crystal, swarovski

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...