Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Quo by Orly: Fall 2014 Collection

Good morning!  I've got a busy and exciting week ahead, as we go into tech and dress rehearsals for our first show of the season this weekend.  Today I've got five of the six new releases from Quo by Orly for Fall 2014, and they're all beautiful.  Fall is usually my favourite season for polish releases, and these are no disappointment! 


Read on for the full review.


Blue Shadow is a magnificent navy blue with a shimmer that gives it that lit-from-within look that we all love.  And on top of that, it's a one-coater!  Formula is a little on the thick side, but that's not an issue since it covers so well.  Shown is one coat of polish, topped with one coat of LaCC 2013 top coat.  

Indirect natural light
Indirect natural light
Amped-Up is a full-coverage goldy-brown glass fleck/micro-flakie polish.  It's super unique in my collection, and I honestly wasn't expecting to love it as much as I do!  The formula was a little patchy so I used three thin coats for photos, but two thicker coats would definitely cover well enough in person.  Topped with one coat of LaCC 2013 top coat. 

Direct natural light
Indirect natural light
Direct natural light
Clean Sweep is a lovely dove-grey creme.  No issues here; again, I used three thin coats for photos but two would definitely cover well enough in person.  One coat of LaCC 2013 top coat.  Greys are such a staple neutral for me during the fall and winter months, so I'll definitely be getting a lot of use out of this one!

Indirect natural light
Indirect natural light
Prismatic is a red-to-orange duochrom flakie topper in a clear base.  I couldn't get this one to opacity alone, so I layered two coats over LaCC 1941, a deep brick red shade.  The formula was easy to work with, and this swatch is without top coat.  This polish is really a stunner, and so appropriately representative of fall colours!   The second photo is more colour-accurate; the first photo was reflecting off my bright pink shirt, oops!

Indirect natural light
Indirect natural light
Smudge Me is a deep mauve-taupe creme, another staple in my fall/winter polish collection.  The formula was super easy to work with and I used just two easy coats for opacity, and topped it with one coat of Seche Vite.  I just love muted darker shades like this, they're so classy but still edgy!

Indirect natural light
Indirect natural light
Fall is my favourite season for polish collections, so I'm finding it really difficult to choose favourites here.  Of course I love Blue Shadow because I have a huge soft spot for navy everything,  but Amped-Up and Prismatic are so unique, while shades like Clean Sweep and Smudge Me will always be staples in my collection.  I also spotted the sixth polish from this collection at Shopper's yesterday and it's stunning, so I'll probably be picking that one up too, haha. What's your favourite from this collection?  :)

Quo by Orly Spring 2014 Collection, $10 each.  Available at Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix for a limited time only.  Quo by Orly polishes are free of DBP, formaldehyde, and toluene. 

Disclaimer: The products in this post were sent to me by the company's PR representative for review and my honest opinion.  

18 comments:

  1. I love flecky foily polishes and Amped Up looks to be right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prismatic is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. satta kingThere's no proof whatsoever that chiropractic can do any such thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing blog I learned so many things from your article, I really thank you for informative ;)
    hasil bola
    berita olahraga
    dunia sport
    berita trending
    trens berita

    ReplyDelete
  5. satta king
    play bazaar Ladki: Chandni chand se hoti hai, sitaron se nahi
    Mohabaat ek se hoti hai, hazaron se nahi
    Ladka: Chandni chand se hogi to sitaron ka kya hoga
    Mohabbat ek se hogi to hazaron ka kya hoga…

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ketika untung dan buntung menjadi resiko seseorang yang bermain sbobet

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...