Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Coco Allure Swatch Spam

Good morning!  I know I just did a swatch spam post yesterday, but today I've got a HUGE post for you!! I've had all of these Coco Allure swatch photos lying in a folder unpublished, but since Llarowe is launching the brand today, I figured it might be good to post them all!


This post is extremely picture-heavy, so the rest will be after the jump!  :)

Since I've got so many Coco Allure polishes here, I'll just give you the essential details.  We'll be zooming through these!

A Theory of Everything, one easy coat over Bourjois So Laque! Bleu Violet, no top coat. 


Black Sugar, one coat over piCture pOlish Fairy Floss with LaCC 2013 top coat; this required a little extra work to get an even spread of glitter. 


Cameo Appearance, one coat over Essie Mesmerised, no top coat.  In my opinion, there was too much base for the amount of glitter that came out of the bottle.  Not the easiest to work with, and pretty thick on the nail.    


Champagne Brunch, one easy coat over piCture pOlish Twinkle, no top coat. 


Cherry Sorbet, two coats over LaCC 1945 with LaCC 2013 top coat.  Super difficult formula here, none of the glitter wanted to come out and the base was pretty goopy.  


Cleopinktra, one coat over LaCC 2011, topped with LaCC 2013 top coat.  Glitter spread required a bit of extra work, but not too difficult.  


Computer Love, two thick coats with LaCC 2013 top coat. 


Dark Side of the Rainbow, two coats topped with LaCC 2013 top coat.  This one was slightly goopy to apply; it dried to a cool matte and slightly textured finish, so you can wear it like that too.  


Gemini Rising, three coats alone, not top coat.  There were some slightly larger circle glitters in there too, but I couldn't for the life of me get any out of the bottle!  


McDreamy, two coats over OPI No Room For The Blues, no top coat.  This one was slightly goopy, and I did have to fish for the amount of glitter you see on the nail. 


Dark Matter, two coats with LaCC 2013 top coat.  A little patchy and goopy, but it seemed to mostly even out in two coats.  Unevenness was less visible in person than in photos. 


Like Totally Pink, two coats over OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, with LaCC 2013 top coat.  This one is a true highlighter-pink neon, but my camera dislikes neons.  Formula was a little on the thick side. 


Mediterranean Mermaid, one coat over Orly Royal Navy, LaCC 2013 top coat.  This one was a bit of a nightmare, a super patchy base with clumpy glitter.  Grrr.  


Safe For Work, four coats, no top coat. Formula was on the thick side, but easy to work with.  There was still a little visible nail line at four coats alone, so if you don't like that I'd suggest layering it.  


Purple Lagoon, two coats over Zoya Savita, LaCC 2013 top coat.  This one had a slightly odd and almost syrupy formula, I'm not sure how else to describe it.  However, it didn't prove to be too much trouble. 


Cherry Sorbet, two coats over LaCC 1945, with LaCC 2013 top coat.  This was yet another that required fishing, but was also goopy and clumpy.  


Retina Scorcher, two coats over OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, LaCC 2013 top coat.  A little on the thick side; this one is also a true highlighter neon, and very orange!  


Risque Business, one easy coat over Orly Le Chateau, no top coat.  This has a beautiful prominent colour shift which was difficult to capture on camera, but very similar to that of Max Factor Fantasy Fire.  Two photos of this one to show the colour shift. 



Robin Eggs, two coats, LaCC 2013 top coat.  No problems here.  


Roseanne Roseannadanna, three coats with LaCC 2013 top coat.  Slightly goopy. 


Snap Dragon, two coats over LaCC 1972, LaCC 2013 top coat.  This one was also goopy, and I had to go fishing for this amount of glitter. 


Peaches & Dreams, three thick coats, no top coat.  This one is super cute!  


Succulent Luster, one coat over OPI Vant To Bite My Neck?, LaCC 2013 top coat.  Good easy  formula here. 


Red Hot, three coats with LaCC 2013 top coat.  This one shifts from purple when cold, to pink when warm!  Even just at room temperature, it's constantly shifting and changing colours, so awesome!  I've made a gif for this one, so that I don't have to include a ton of separate photos in an already-huge post.  :P


I've saved my two favourites for last.  Venus Sky, one coat over Essie Stylenomics, smoothed with Seche Vite. 


Jupiter Aurora, one coat over Lacquer Lust Orion (which I'll show you soon), LaCC 2013 top coat.  Two photos for this one, it's just that awesome!!  



Oh my gosh, longest post ever!!  All of these polishes are launching today (May 15th) on Llarowe at 1pm and 7pm MST, and of course you can also purchase them through the Coco Allure Etsy store.

Do you now have a shopping list and are eagerly awaiting the launch this afternoon?  If so, my job here is done.  My personal must-haves would definitely be Venus Sky and Jupiter Aurora, the colour-shifting microglitters are just the most stunning sight!  

I know this is was probably a little (ok, very) overwhelming, but have you picked a few favourites?  I think there's a great selection, and definitely something for everyone!  :)

Disclaimer: The products in this post were provided to me by the above distributor for swatching; I have done this review on my own, the opinions represented have not been influenced in any way. 

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...