Monday, May 27, 2013

CrowsToes SpringTHIS Collection

As I've mentioned at least a few times over my last several posts, life is super busy right now and so on and so forth.  I'm still doing my best to try to post somewhat regularly though.  I've had swatches of the CrowsToes SpringTHIS Collection sitting in a folder for ages; I found them again the other day and was reminded how awesome this collection is!  I figured it was time I share, being in need of a quick post today.  :) 


Moderately picture-heavy, so read on after the jump for more swatches and a review!  
All swatches are topped with one coat of Seche Vite.

Shoot The Butterfly is a "black-based jelly glitter polish full of burnt orange and copper hex glitters and holographic micro-glitter."  Super pretty, and it definitely reminds me of monarch butterflies; it would be good for a Halloween polish too!  This is three coats, but it was quick thick.  I'd recommend layering over a black polish.  


Tequila Sunrise is a "hot pink shimmer polish with color-shifting shimmer that goes from pink to green to gold."  Super pretty with a very strong shimmer, but not really my cup of tea.  If you're a fan of coral-pinks and strong shimmer, you'll love this one!  Perfect formula, shown in one coat over LaCC 1960


Green Thumb of Doom is a "bright green shimmer polish with green micro-flakes."  This name makes me chuckle. :P  This is a perfect light grassy spring green, and the micro-flakes add an interesting dimension.  One easy coat over LaCC 1968.  


Season of the Witch is a "black-based green flake polish with color-shifting flakes that go from green to purple/fuchsia."  Not a typical spring polish at all, but that doesn't make it any less awesome!  I wasn't able to capture the gorgeous colour-shift in my photos, but trust me, it's there!  This is one coat over Darling Diva Polish What You Do For Money Honey.  


Toxic Buttercup is a "yellow shimmer polish with color-shifting shimmer that goes from yellow to pink."  The shimmer in this one glows like crazy, it almost looks radioactive to me! (In keeping with the toxic name...)  :P  This is two easy coats over LaCC 2011


Milquetoast is a "white-based glitter polish with various sizes of metallic copper hex pieces and holographic copper micro-glitter."  My friend said that this one looked like pennies floating in milk, which it totally does!  This is one of my favourites, so creamy with so much beautiful depth; awesome!!  Two coats over OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  


Birthday Suit is a "nude shimmer polish with a color-shifting shimmer/micro-flakes that go from pink to pink copper to gold."  You've seen this before here, and my point stay the same; this one really doesn't work with my skin tone.  It even does funny things to my hands in the photos.  It's too bad, because the shimmer is absolutely beautiful.  I'm sure it would look great on those of you less ghostly than me (which is basically everyone.)   Three thin coats. 


These last two make a duo set, and are my favourites of the collection!  Lil' Miss Sunshine is a "purple shimmer polish with color-shifting shimmer/micro-flakes that shift from silver to purple to green to blue."  The micro-flakes in this are so beautiful, and the colour shift (though not very prominent) is beautiful!  Two coats over LaCC 1972


Second in the duo is Lil' Miss Cyanide, a "light to medium violet purple shimmer polish with a color-shifting shimmer that goes from lavender to green to yellow gold."  How awesome is this?  And the name?!  :P  It was a bit brush-stroke-y, but careful application helped to avoid most of that.  Super cool polish!  One coat over LaCC 1972


The CrowsToes SpringTHIS Collection can be purchased through Llarowe; some of them are out of stock, but you can keep an eye out for restocks on the Facebook page!  

Disclaimer: The products in this post were sent to me by the above retailer for swatching.  Opinions represented are strictly my own and have not been influenced.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...