Thursday, November 01, 2012

Happy Halloween, And May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor!

Three things: 
1. It's November 1st, so my 17th birthday is in 16 days!
2. Halloween is over, therefore it's officially Christmas time. 
3. Starbucks Christmas cups FTW. 

I had a really fun time yesterday, I dressed up as Effie Trinket from The Hunger Games!  Since I was going full-out with my costume, hair, and makeup,  I just had to do my nails to match!  


I started with two coats of Essie Super Bossa Nova, a bright pink polish that loves to stain.  Grrr.  I sponged Essie Good As Gold onto the tips, topcoated, and was done!   I was going for this look that she wears during the reaping, which is actually quite toned-down compared to her manicures in the rest of the movie!


I had dance until 7:30 last night (and then rehearsal ran over time,) after which I went to my friend's house, ate pizza, and we went out for a while.  Since we're "too old to trick-or-treat", we went door-to-door collecting non-perishable food donations to help the homeless.  Halloween for a good cause!


Unfortunately, we got stuck in the middle of a torrential downpour (of course, we can never have a rain-less Halloween!) and ran back to my friend's house, high heels, pencil skirt, ruffles and all.  At least I brought an umbrella!  

Hope you all had a great Halloween! :)

9 comments:

  1. Where's the costume photo? Sounds like it was pretty epic :)

    Great mani, and great idea about collecting non perishables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun! I don't have any photos of my costume but I know my friends took some so I'll find them! :) Haha thank you!

      Delete
  2. I love this, gorgeous, and what a great cause for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gradient Emma! My birthday is in November too and I will also be seventeen! I LOVE the last two months of every year <3 & it's your golden birthday this year if your birthday is in fact on the seventeenth! How very exciting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My birthday is actually on the 16th, so my golden birthday was last year. Guess it just depends on whether you count today or not ;) Thank you so much Dina, and happy early birthday to you! :)

      Delete
  4. This gradient is perfection, very pretty. I love that you collected can goods instead of candy, what a thoughtful thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really enjoyed my evening knowing that I was helping a good cause! :)

      Delete
  5. zeal replica bags reviews Going Here t6x04u7t33 replica bags karachi replica bags wholesale india my website m7o29p0v13 replica bags louis vuitton read b8g22s2b12 louis vuitton fake replica bags in gaffar market

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...