Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Guest Post: -XOXO Alexis Leigh

Today I've got something special for you!  The lovely Alexis from XOXO Alexis Leigh was the first place I was ever a guest poster, and now she's here on my blog sharing something really special with us!  I'll hand it over to Alexis!  :)

---

Hi everyone! My name's Alexis and today I'm super excited to be sharing some special nail art created just for you and Emma while she's away at ballet camp! Let me first just thank Emma; thanks so much for letting me run wild on your blog while you're away, I hope I didn't wreak too much havoc! :D Anywayyyyy, Emma didn't really give me any theme or rules for what she wanted so I just waited and waited for some sort of creative idea surge to pop into my brain. It didn't take too long to think of this design because hello Emma's a ballet dancer and also I love ballet (I only did it for a few years when I was younger but so many members of my family have done dance, specifically ballet as well.)! I hope you all like it; I usually am very critical of myself but I'm really happy with this design!

The colors aren't necessarily realistic but I thought they were very feminine and ballerina-esque. On all of my nails except for my ring finger I used a pale pink franken, 3 coats. On my ring finger I used Wet n' Wild - French White Creme as my base color, 2 coats. For the ballet dancer's tights I used OPI - Suzi & The Lifeguard and for the pointe shoes I used Revlon - Cheers. I used FWC for my white on the thumb nail design too. All of my nails were topped with SV, my ring and thumb had more coats than the rest although I forget how many.


Here on my thumb, I did the silhouette of a ballerina dancing.




Bonus picture! Here are the sketches I made in my inspiration/idea book for my blog! :D


I hope you guys enjoyed my guest post, I had so much fun planning, sketching, actually executing it, and then of course writing up the post for you! I really do love doing guest posts! Thanks again Emma, I hope you love my post as much as I loved yours you did for me a little while back! Time for me to go back home to my blog :( sad to leave you but I do love my home :)

- xoxo Alexis Leigh

---

 
Isn't that just great?!?  I couldn't stop smiling when I saw what Alexis had put together for me, I love it so much!  I think I might have to try it when I get back, though it probably won't look as amazing.  Thank you so much Alexis!  :)

Quick note, I thought I'd let you all know that Im having problems with my computer refusing to connect to the internet, so a few posts that I have pictures for but have not yet written won't be making their way to the blog until I get that sorted out. :( I'm in my last week here at ballet school, so hopefully I'll be able to get my computer sorted out and get back to posting regularly very soon!  Thank you all for sticking with me through this hiatus! :)




7 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhhh this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you have mad skills!!!!!
    Adore!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is such a cute idea !! And I love your skecthes!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I have nominated you for the Lebister Award, check it on my blog here:

    http://sally-x.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/lebister-award.html

    Have a lovely day =)

    P.S: you are really talented love this design, i might try my hand at it =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody!!! :D Also thanks Emma for having me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...